St James PCC approved policy for working with Vulnerable Adults
If you would like to download the full code of conduct, please click here.
If you would like to download the information sheet called ‘Pastoral Care for Vulnerable Adults’ prepared for our visiting team, please click here.
The Parish of St James approved this policy at the Annual Parochial Church meeting held on 2nd February 2017
This policy will be reviewed each year to monitor the progress which has been achieved.
The PCC has appointed a Safeguarding Co-ordinator for adults who may be vulnerable who will ensure the implementation of this policy and the diocesan policy for Safeguarding, and give regular reports to the PCC.
The person appointed for the twelve months from the date of this policy is –
Name: Jane Clark
- We recognise that everyone has different levels of vulnerability and that each of us may be regarded as vulnerable at some time in our lives.
- As members of this parish we commit ourselves to respectful pastoral care for all adults to whom we minister, recognising that we have the care of the souls of all who live in our parish.
- We commit ourselves to the safeguarding of people who may be vulnerable, ensuring their well-being in the life of this church.
- We commit ourselves to promoting safe practice by those in positions of trust.
- The parish commits itself to promoting the inclusion and empowerment of people who may be vulnerable.
- It is the responsibility of each of us to prevent the physical, emotional, sexual, financial and spiritual abuse of vulnerable people and to report any such abuse that we discover or suspect.
- We undertake to exercise proper care in the appointment and selection of those who will work with people who may be vulnerable.
- The parish is committed to supporting, resourcing, training and regularly reviewing those who undertake work amongst people who may be vulnerable.
- The parish adopts the guidelines of the Church of England and the Diocese.
- Each person who works with vulnerable people will agree to read and abide by these recommendations and the guidelines established by this church.
Priest in Charge: Simon Bickersteth
Churchwarden: Donald Clark
Churchwarden: Pat Doyle
Date: 2 February 2017